The union representing striking BC ambulance paramedics has decided to permanently suspend the picketing, of six regional BC Ambulance Service Dispatch Centres, across the province.The CUPE local president John Strohameir says the action wasn’t having much of an impact and 250 members of the BC Government and Service Employees Union, who were honoring the lines, were losing benefits… [asset|aid=1519|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=2b2a6ed6062e737415625ca93f121352-Strohameir-1_1_Pub.mp3]The 3,500 hundred paramedics have been on strike, since April first but have been restricted in their job action, by essential services legislation.- Advertisement -However, Mr. Strohameir says there’s a real possibility, that may change, with a full scale province-wide walkout… [asset|aid=1520|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=aca1116d5ea6f48ee9466676626a978a-Strohameir-2_1_Pub.mp3]The union is taking the pulse of rank and file membership, on what action to take next, following what it calls zero progress during two days of new bargaining last week.
Former Newcastle midfielder Lee Bowyer has warned the club against sacking manager Steve McClaren, asking the Magpies who they think can do a better job with their unruly squad.McClaren has suffered a disastrous start to his spell in the St James’ Park hotseat, with the Tyneside outfit looking set for a relegation battle following just two wins from 14 games.Reports on Friday suggested the Newcastle board have reached their limit with the side’s poor performances, and have given the ex-England boss just two games to save his job.And the ultimatum couldn’t have come at a worst time, with Newcastle playing Liverpool at home on Saturday, fresh from the Reds’ 6-1 League Cup thrashing of Southampton, before travelling to face in-form Tottenham at White Hart Lane next week.On paper, and if the rumours are to be believed, it seems McClaren’s time on Tyneside will soon be at an end, but Bowyer claims the club couldn’t find a better replacement in the current managerial market.Speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, he said: “Steve has got to expect this because of the way the Premier League is now, it’s a results business.“But the way I look at it is, if Newcastle do decide to get rid of Steve, who are they going to bring in?“Who is going to do a better job?”Asked where it’s going wrong for the Magpies, who have suffered eight league defeats this term, Bowyer added:“I just think it comes down to attitude. For example, they went 1-0 up at Crystal Palace and just folded, and ended up losing 5-1. The team’s attitude is just wrong.“They’re not the type of the players who are going to respond if Steve gives them a rollicking. I think he’s doing that already, but he’s just wasting his time because it’s not having an effect.”
HORSE RACING: Loaded field chasing Horse of the Year honor. By Richard Rosenblatt THE ASSOCIATED PRESS OCEANPORT, N.J. – This could be a Classic for the ages, even on a rainy day over a muddy track. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.Kentucky Derby winner Street Sense, Preakness winner Curlin and leading older horse Lawyer Ron top a star-studded field for today’s $5 million Classic at Monmouth Park, a race that will determine Horse of the Year honors. “The great thing about this Classic is everybody involved in championship honors is here,” said trainer Todd Pletcher, who has two of the nine horses in the Classic, favorite Lawyer Ron and Any Given Saturday. “What better place to decide it than right here on the racetrack?” The first two-day Breeders’ Cup, featuring 11 races worth $23 million, began in the rain Friday with Maryfield the upset winner in the $1 million Filly & Mare Sprint. With Elvis Trujillo aboard, Maryfield rallied from seventh over the sloppy track to defeat Miraculous Miss by a half-length. Nownownow won the $1 million Juvenile Turf, and Corinthian upset favorite Discreet Cat to capture the $1 million Dirt Mile. The eight traditional Breeders’ Cup races are today, highlighted by the 1
Dessie Gallagher with students from Muroy College.Transition year students in Mulroy College spent a day with renowned actor Dessie Gallagher who shared his experience and skills with the group. Students also got to showcase many of their talents and completed a workshop on acting and performance. Students recently performed in An Grianan Theatre where they presented scenes from Blood Brothers.This exposure to drama and working alongside such experienced people as Dessie has really given them the taste for stage and theatre. Their drama teacher Ms Mc Bride stated “being on stage is a great learning experience for all young people. Their is a role for everyone.“We could really see that in Dessie’s workshop as he had all students completely engaged and everyone got a lot our of it. We are very grateful to him for his time and support to Mulroy College.“I hope this will inspire some of the students to continue in Drama and theatre in the future.” DESSIE HELPS MULROY STUDENTS GET IN ON THE ‘ACT’! was last modified: February 4th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:ACTORDessie GallagherdonegalMulroy College
A man has been rushed to hospital after he came off his bike in Glenswilly this afternoon.The man fell while cycling close to the local GAA field.He was taken to Letterkenny General Hospital by ambulance. It is understood he suffered fractures and a head-wound.MAN RUSHED TO HOSPITAL AFTER FALLING FROM HIS BIKE was last modified: January 6th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREBlues bury Kings early with four first-period goals OWNERS: Gary and Nelia Burns ESTABLISHED: 2004 NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES: Two DESCRIBE YOUR BUSINESS: Mindamics creates, manufactures and distributes over the Internet a father-daughter relationship card game that makes it easier for dads and teenage daughters to communicate. The cards ask questions like “I feel special when I ___,” and “Everyone should have a chance to ___ at least once in their life.” All the questions end with “I say that because …” IS THIS YOUR FIRST BUSINESS? Yes BUSINESS NAME: Mindamics LLC BUSINESS ADDRESS: P.O. Box 55626, Valencia PHONE: (661) 803-2617 WEB SITE: www.thecommunicationgame.com WHY DID YOU START THIS BUSINESS? A restaurant waitress saw my daughter and (me) playing the original game I created and convinced us that every girl would love to play this with her dad. WHERE DID YOU GET THE IDEA? I found it very hard to communicate with my daughter when she reached the teenage years. Out of desperation, I created the communication game as a way to improve our relationship by going out to breakfast once a month and playing the game. HOW LONG WAS IT FROM CONCEPT TO OPENING? I created the game 10 years ago, but it took 18 months to produce it, set up the company and build the Web site. WHAT DID YOU DO DURING THAT TIME? Copyright card statements, set up a limited liability company, trademarked game and company names, printed and assembled game materials, conducted focus group research and promoted the business whenever and however possible. WHAT WERE YOUR STARTUP COSTS AND HOW DID YOU FINANCE THE BUSINESS? Less than $50,000, from personal savings. WHO DID YOU RELY ON FOR ADVICE? Family and friends, an attorney, a psychologist, a graphic designer and a focus group consisting of six sets of fathers and daughters. WHAT HADN’T YOU CONSIDERED BEFORE OPENING? Optimizing the Web site, how long it would take to assemble the games manually and how best to promote the game. Word-of-mouth takes a long time. WHAT IS YOUR EXPECTED REVENUE THIS YEAR? $10,000 WHAT GOALS DO YOU HAVE FOR THE COMPANY? To receive numerous e-mails from dads and daughters telling us how much the game has helped their relationship. To set up contracts with nationwide distributors and retailers that will market, distribute and sell the games. And to develop a friends and family version of the communication game. To be considered for a small business profile, you should have fewer than 10 employees and be locally based. For a free profile questionnaire, call (818) 713-3699.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Donegal computer users have been warned about a lethal new virus which is almost impossible to remove.The virus infects your computer and locks or blocks you from logging into your computer but also disturbingly encrypts all the files on the computer.This is a more advanced version of the Irish language ransom virus first reported by Techie2u Mobile Computer Repair’s to Donegal Daily in 2012. That virus can be removed with a few hours work and your computer can be returned to you the next day with all your files intact with a fully functioning computer as good as new.However this new more advanced version of the ransom virus uses a very different approach, it will display a message trying to extort between €100-€300 from you, and it can equally infect home or business users computers.It encrypts or locks all the files on your computer including your Photo collection, Documents, Spreadsheets, Client Database records and Company Accounts files. This new development could potentially have a devastating impact on any Business.It will display a timer on the computer screen and if you do not pay via online money transfer systems within the time displayed on screen the key to decrypt or unlock the files on your Computer is deleted forever. At the present moment there is no possible way to unlock or decrypt the files as it uses 1024-bit RSA standard encryption. The virus itself can be removed from the computer however at the present time it is not possible to unlock your files and they will remain encrypted and completely unusable to you.This new virus is so advanced it will encrypt files in devices attached to the infected Computer including portable hard drives, mapped network drives and even files stored on online backup storage systems. If you pay the ransom there is no guarantee that your files will ever actually be unlocked. This has all the hall marks of “game changing” event in the fight between I.T. good guys and bad guys.Techie2u has warned clients about the virus and has created an emergency email account for any one that has concerns about their company Data security and will advise them on the correct course of action to take to safe guard there information.If you have been affected by the virus email email@example.com NEW COMPUTER VIRUS HITS DONEGAL USERS was last modified: October 3rd, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:COMPUTER VIRUSTechie2u
Tags: FUFAproline fcSC VillatopUganda Premier League Proline had so far collected three points from their first two games. (PHOTO/File)KAMPALA – Uganda Premier League side Proline FC have been docked six points for failing to honour their fixture against SC Villa last Saturday.The Lugogo based side have also been docked 6 points and fined UGX 5m by the FUFA Competitions Disciplinary Panel (CDP).This was confirmed on Thursday morning through a statement released by the CDP.The CDP concluded that Proline did not turn up for the game and the current Uganda Cup holders failed to justify their absence.The panel further suggests that Proline, through various media public communications and labelled the entire football management as ignorant of football regulations which in consequence put the game of football into disrepute.Proline who are set to take on AS Kigali in the CAF Confederations Cup 2019 have been notified that they have a right to appeal and whether they will, remains to be seen.It should be noted that last week before the game against SC Villa, Proline wrote to the football governing body (FUFA) notifying them that they (Proline) were intending not to honour the fixture.The reason that Proline fronted was that two of their players (Mustafa Mujuzi and Bright Anukani) had been summoned to the national team and that FUFA should have postponed their next league fixture-against SC Villa.Despite advice from the Federation, arguing Proline to honour the fixture, they refused, prompting action by the CDP.After six points are docked off them, Proline who have so far played two games are left with -3, having had +3 (points) prior to the events.Kefa Kisala’s side lost to Mbarara City FC on match-day one before beating Onduparaka FC 1-0 in their second game.Comments
New bottle banks are to be installed at the Craoibhin Community Enterprise Centre in Termon.At this week’s meeting of the Letterkenny Municipal District, Councillor Michael McBride proposed that bottle banks be provided at the location.“There are bottle banks in Kilmacrennan and they are used quite a lot,” Councillor McBride said. “There is a lot of activity around the Craoibhin and would be a good location.”His motion was seconded by Councillor Ciaran Brogan.The Council says they will carry out a risk assessment to determine if the site is suitable as a location.New bottle banks to be installed at Craoibhin Centre in Termon was last modified: February 15th, 2018 by Chris McNultyShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Councillor Ciaran BroganCouncillor Michael McBridekilmacrennanLetterkenny Municipal DistrictTermon
Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatana (SSS) chief and MP Raju Shetti has criticised Prime Minister Narendra Modi for “hoodwinking” sugarcane farmers.Speaking to The Hindu on Monday, the MP from Hatkanangale (in Kolhapur district) accused Mr. Modi of allegedly misrepresenting facts about fair and remunerative price (FRP) arrears.Mr. Shetti was referring to the Prime Minister’s address on Sunday (via video conferencing) to booth-level Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) workers in Kolhapur, Hatkanangale, Madha and Satara. Twisting facts“During his address, the PM claimed that 99% farmers were paid their FRP dues in 2016-17. The fact is that sugar prices had remained stable during that year and there was never any serious question of FRP arrears [in 2016-17]…Why is the PM quoting past figures and trying to cover-up the present crisis triggered by the rapid fall in sugar crisis,” Mr. Shetti asked, before adding: “I have never seen a Prime Minister who twisted facts so blatantly.”He said of the 180 sugar factories and cooperatives in the State, barely 11 had paid the full FRP amount to farmers at one go. Mr. Shetti, a former ally of the ruling BJP, hit out at the Devendra Fadnavis government, alleging that a number of corrupt ministers secretly backed errant sugar factory owners refusing to pay farmers.He reiterated his intention to stage a protest rally in front of the Sugar Commissionerate on January 28, demanding full FRP payment to farmers by errant factory owners.“The agitation will only be called off if we get concrete assurances from the government and sugarcane factory owners that they will pay farmers the complete FRP amount. It is not difficult for them to pay the FRP of ₹2,900-₹3,050 per tonne, which is the current rate in the sugar-belt districts of Sangli and Kolhapur,” Mr. Shetti said.In the event the mill owners failed to deposit the full FRP amount into farmers’ bank accounts, he said he would urge the Sugar Commissioner to prosecute the mill owners under the Revenue Recovery Act (RRC).Since last week, SSS activists had stopped harvesting and transporting sugarcane in the sugar heartland in western Maharashtra. SSS activists had torched a couple of sugar mills and locked the field offices of some others, demanding payment of arrears.A truce was effected on January 14 between Mr. Shetti’s outfit and the factory owners, with the former giving a two-week ultimatum to the latter to pay up the arrears.