LONDON, England (AP):Tottenham striker Harry Kane has signed a two-year extension to his contract, tying him to the Premier League club until 2022.The 23-year-old Kane, who was the Premier League’s top scorer last season, has been in talks with Tottenham since the offseason about extending his stay with the London team.Dele Alli, Christian Eriksen and Eric Dier are other key players to sign new contracts at Tottenham this year.Kane says “we’ve got a great, young squad and the club is moving in the right direction.”Kane has scored 70 goals in 137 appearances for Tottenham.
LATEST STORIES Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield (6) throws a pass away from New York Giants’ Kareem Martin (96) during the first half of a preseason NFL football game Thursday, Aug. 9, 2018, in East Rutherford, N.J. (AP Photo/Adam Hunger)BEREA, Ohio — He’s still Baker the backup.Despite rookie Baker Mayfield’s stellar performance in his NFL preseason debut, the Cleveland Browns are not moving the No. 1 overall pick into the starting lineup ahead of Tyrod Taylor.ADVERTISEMENT Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew “He’s had 22 preseason NFL snaps,” Zampese said. “He has a long way to go and we’re encouraged with where he’s at right now.”The feeling is the same about Taylor, who was acquired from Buffalo during the offseason. The 29-year-old has been everything the Browns could have hoped as a leader and mentor to Mayfield.“He’s our guy, and that’s what he is,” Zampese said, “and to keep bringing it up is the only reason why anybody put a cloud in anybody’s head. So let’s get on with him being the guy and let’s get on to playing and winning and doing what we’re supposed to do and what we’re here for.”Zampese, who previously worked as Cincinnati’s quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator, gushed when describing what Taylor has brought to the Browns — and what he means to Mayfield.“Tyrod sets the bar for consistency,” Zampese said. “There’s no doubt about it. There’s no man I can think of more consistent than him — when he gets here, how he is when he’s here, taking care of his body, study habits, leading the team on the field. The bar is set very high. It’s fantastic.”ADVERTISEMENT “National hype,” quarterbacks coach Ken Zampese said Sunday, downplaying the outside push to elevate Mayfield after one game. “We have our plan, we’re sticking to it and when it changes we’ll all know.”Mayfield won over some doubters on Thursday night in a 20-10 win over the New York Giants. The Heisman Trophy winner from Oklahoma threw two touchdown passes to tight end David Njoku and showed pocket poise and awareness while completing 11 of 20 passes for 212 yards.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’The reviews on Mayfield were beyond exceptional, leading to cries that he should jump Taylor, who went 5 for 5 for 99 yards and posted a perfect 158.3 rating during his two series.Zampese was pleased with everything he saw from Mayfield, but he cautioned against putting too much into his first taste of pro football. MOST READ During his interview session, Zampese bristled at the idea that Taylor was just holding a spot until Mayfield is ready.“I’m not going to talk about keeping the seat warm,” Zampese snapped. “I think he’s going to be very successful for us this year, which is the only year that matters. And I like where he’s at, I like where he’s going, I love his leadership, the way he’s aggressively going about being the leader of this team, completing balls and moving us down the field.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Peza offers relief to ecozone firms DepEd’s Taal challenge: 30K students displaced Gin Kings ‘overwhelmed’ as Ginebra fans brave bad weather to attend victory party In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Judy Ann’s 1st project for 2020 is giving her a ‘stomachache’ Gov’t in no rush to rescue animals in Taal ‘High crimes and misdemeanors’: Trump impeachment trial begins Palace OKs total deployment ban on Kuwait OFWs Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award View comments Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil
Those interested will only have to inform team organizers of their interest to play, and will not have to go through the process of team tryouts.This is the first time the organization is attempting to put together an all girl’s team, as female hockey players in the region often play on co-ed teams.The team is also extending an invite to any girls interested throughout the Peace Region and isn’t limiting its roster to strictly girls from Cleaview. Anyone interested in playing is being encouraged to do so. All positions are currently being accepted.- Advertisement -The team has already received some positive responses from interested players, and has also already lined up a coaching staff.This year’s All Peace League season, the league in which the girls will compete in, will begin at the beginning of October.For more information on the potential team contact Sheila at 250-785-0343.Advertisement
Daniel O’Donnell has cancelled the rest of his British tour after his father-in-law suffered a brain haemorrhage.Daniel and Majella have rushed to be beside her father Tom’s bedside.We revealed yesterday how Daniel and wife Majella have jetted to the island of Tenerife where Tom and wife Marion Roche live.Daniel initially cancelled three concerts but has now cut a number of others to be by Tom’s bedside. Daniel first met wife Majella at Tom and Marion’s bar in Tenerife in 1999.DANIEL CANCELS REST OF TOUR AFTER FATHER-IN-LAW TAKES ILL was last modified: October 15th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:daniel o’donnellillMajellaTenerifeTOM ROCHE
Labour Senator Jimmy Harte has called on the mobile phone companies to give the travelling fans free texts during the European Championships.The Co Donegal politician and football fan also called for reduced tariffs as a gesture to the many who are travelling to Poland and hopefully onto Ukraine.“According to reports, as many as 40,000 fans are hoping to travel to at least one game and these fans have been saving for a long time to see the Irish team in a major championship. “The companies will make plenty of revenue from these fans who will be calling home but it’s only fair that they should not be subjected to the exorbitant roaming fees that they will be hit with.“A study in the UK, based on average tariffs, has found consumers could face a total daily phone bill of around €330 for calls, texts and data for Ukraine bound fans so in Poland it may be a similar story,” he said.Senator Harte said he will ask the Minister for Sport Michael Ring to make the case for the hard pressed fans who are concerned about the mobile costs in Europe.“The phone companies have an opportunity to show the fans that they value their custom and offer them a gesture at this great event,” he said. HARTE CALLS FOR FREE TEXTS FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS! was last modified: May 22nd, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
More than 50 people attended a Gathering Community meeting held at the Mount Errigal Hotel in Letterkenny on 10th September 2012 to generate ideas and plans to bring Gatherings to Donegal in 2013.The Gathering Ireland 2013, an initiative launched by the Taoiseach Enda Kenny T.D, is set to be the biggest tourism initiative ever in Ireland, bringing 325,000 additional overseas tourists to Ireland in 2013. The Letterkenny Community meeting was organised by the County Donegal Gathering Steering Committee with the Gathering Co-ordinator Barney Mc Laughlin.A large number of Gatherings for Donegal in 2013 were proposed and a website www.thegatheringireland.com is now available for those ideas to be shared. The website also contains tools and resources for people to plan their Gatherings.Gathering Coordinator Barney Mc Laughlin said “There was a terrific sense of community spirit at the Gathering meeting and the ideas that were generated here tonight could definitely bring people to our County. What we need now is for people to get behind these terrific ideas and put the plans in place to make Donegal the hub of activity for 2013.”Gathering ideas that have been put forward during the meeting included: Bring your washing home from all over the globe and Letterkenny Golf Club celebrating 100th Anniversary with seek to host a major golf tournament. This is just a snapshot of some of the brilliant ideas that were generated amongst the community that turned out in Letterkenny at the initial meeting of the five Community Gatherings that will be held across the County over the coming weeks.Mayor Councillor Frank McBrearty said “The Gathering Ireland 2013 has the potential to bring a genuine boost to the region. If we all make an effort to put the ideas into place and commit to the plans there will be a great boost to the Donegal in 2013.”For further information log onto www.thegatheringireland.com or www.donegalgathering.com ‘GATHERING’ MEETING GETS OFF THE GROUND IN DONEGAL WITH STRONG TURN-OUT was last modified: September 11th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalThe Gathering
JARLA’S VIEW ON THE WATER CHARGES! was last modified: October 13th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalJarla’s View
San Fernando Valley business leaders and elected officials took a test-ride Friday on the Metro Orange Line, which many see as an economic engine for redevelopment in underutilized pockets across the region. Three weeks before the $330 million busway opens to the public, leaders boarded the double-long buses to tour the route and adjacent bicycle-jogging path as part of a morning conference on transportation mobility in Los Angeles County. “We look at that as an economic engine, a driver. It’s something that will create interest where before there was not,” said Bruce Ackerman, president and CEO of the Economic Alliance of the San Fernando Valley. “The economic development side of it holds even more potential than I think we’re aware of.” Business leaders touted the Orange Line’s ability to offer their employees a cheaper way to get to work. Educators said it could give working students a rush-hour route to night classes on college campuses. And urban planners said sleepy areas along the route could be ripe for redevelopment. The 14-mile busway built along an old rail line between North Hollywood and Warner Center is set to open Oct. 29, with two days of free rides. It’s the largest mass transit infrastructure investment in the Valley since the last leg of the Metro Red Line subway opened in 2000. The busway promises a trip across the Valley in 40 minutes or less and it’s promoted as an alternative to the jammed Ventura Freeway. Alongside the transit line is a landscaped 14-mile bike and jogging path across the Valley. Residents have long worried that development spurred by the Orange Line would intrude into single-family neighborhoods. Such complaints fueled residents’ earlier lawsuit to halt the project that has since been settled. But business leaders said they envision redevelopment along the route in older, industrial pockets where land is underused. They envision growth particularly reviving commercial districts, such as Van Nuys Boulevard. For example, Ackerman said the park-and-ride station at Van Nuys, near the Valley’s government center with its 5,000 employees, would be a prime location for mixed-use residential and commercial development. Two or three other park-and-ride lots elsewhere could similarly be desirable locations. Property values can increase 20 percent near transit lines, one expert said. “We’ve grown up thinking big roads are the answer. Big roads are hard on neighborhoods. This is a neighborhood-friendly mass-transit alternative,” said urban planner Dan Rosenfeld of the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce’s Economic Development and Land Use Committee. The ride was part of a meeting of Mobility 21, the countywide coalition of transportation, business, community and legislative leaders who advocate for traffic solutions. Elected officials included City Councilwoman Wendy Greuel; Assemblywoman Fran Pavley, D-Woodland Hills; Assemblyman Lloyd Levine, D-Van Nuys; and Assemblyman Paul Koretz, D-West Hollywood. Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky – who was called the Father of the Orange Line for championing it through his district – praised the busway as a system that can be built faster and cheaper than other transit solutions. “This is the kind of public transportation system that could easily work in our lifetime in any part of Los Angeles County.” Lisa Mascaro, (818) 713-3761 firstname.lastname@example.org 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Tags: allan okelloFC ZurichKCCA FCMustapha Kizzaonduparaka fcStarTimes Uganda Premier Leaguetop Okello (R) poses for a picture with his representative Issac Mwesigwa (L) at Entebbe Airport on Monday morning. (PHOTO/AGENCIES)KAMPALA – KCCA FC play maker Allan Okello is back in the country.Okeloo arrived in the wee hours of Monday morning, aboard Turkish Airline vessel on flight TK 612.The 20 year old midfielder has been away, on a week long, trials at Switzerland top tier side FC Zurich.At Zurich, Okello has been involved in up to six build up games in the last few days against select sides from popular clubs across the globe. He featured against Benfica (Portugal), Seattle Sounders (United States), PAOK (Greece), Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia), Seville (Spain) and Argentina’s Boca Juniors.He is also understood to have featured in small sided games while in Switzerland as part of his trials.Okello is believed to have impressed his suitors and negotiations over a transfer will kick-off between Zurich and KCCA FC this week.Hi’s representative Isaac Mwesigwa is optimistic the negotiations will go according to plan so that a transfer is finalized as soon as possible.“Allan (Okello) has done his part, noted a delighted Mwesigwa.“The rest now lies between the two clubs for negotiations.“I am happy for his progress and this is a big milestone in his career to have trials with a great European club.“We all hope for the best.It is also understood that FC Zurich has tabled a fee of around One Million Dollars for Okello already.Okello has played all his football at KCCA FC after graduating from the Kasasiors amateur side.He made his debut in 2016, scoring three goals against StarTimes Uganda Premier League side Onduparaka FC.Okello (25) made his KCCA debut in 2016. (PHOTO/FILE)He has featured prominently for KCCA FC in CAF competitions including the Champions League and Confederations Cup.It is believed that it was in those two competitions that Okello caught Zurich’s eye and was invited for trials.Okello is the second KCCA FC player to depart for trails in Europe in the current off-season.A month ago, Left-back Mustapha Kizza had trails at Spanish top tier side Rayo Vallecano which did not work out.Comments
INDIANAPOLIS — The Raiders never fail to stay relevant, regardless of their standing in the NFL hierarchy, and this week at the combine was no different.From Antonio Brown rumors to owning the most first-round picks in the league, the Raiders have plenty circulating this time of the offseason.With free agency less than two weeks away and the draft less than two months in the distance, here are five things we learned about Jon Gruden’s team in Indianapolis entering his second year back at the …