As revealed ABC, Luis Rubiales, President of the Spanish Football Federation, and its Secretary General, Andreu Camps, have been accused by judge María Sandra Orero Bermejo, head of the Investigating Court number 10 of Madrid for alleged falsification of a public document in the process of statutory reform of the RFEF that sought to add 19 ex-members (handpicked) to the assembly.According to this information, the judge has requested the minutes of the December 16 meeting and the brief of allegations presented five days before to the CSD. The case began in June, when the inclusion of those 19 born members was approved in the RFEF assembly. Said approval was met with opposition from the Court of Arbitration for Sport and the CSD at first.Following the allegations, the CSD accepted a new proposal from the RFEF, which reduced the number of born members from 19 to just 5. After the Federation assembly on December 16, although it was not on the agenda or formally approved, Camps informed the CSD that the assembly had “agreed” to the inclusion of the born members. The Madrid Football Federation denounced the events. Rubiales and Camps defend that the inclusion of born members in the June assembly had already been approved. The denucnia assures that such conformity did not take place and provides the video of the December assembly.The RFEF, convinced that the complaint will be filedThe Royal Spanish Football Federation is convinced that the complaint filed by the president of the Madrid Federation, Paco Díez, has no legal path and will be dismissed. Given the aforementioned complaint, the Legal Services of the RFEF want to highlight: – That the General Assembly of the RFEF on June 10 approved, with the vote of the president of the RFFM – who initiates the complaint – the proposal to expand the natural members of that body by 19 people.– That the General Assembly of the RFEF on December 16, once the Higher Sports Council had reduced the new born members to 5, assumed that figure without the need for a new vote, since it was not new but was already implicit in the wording approved, by the vast majority, in the June session.– That the General Secretary of the Federation, Andreu Camps, after the December General Assembly, informs the CSD that the final wording for the reform of the statutes of the RFEF in this regard is precisely that expressed by the Superior Council itself Sports, which is the body that has the capacity to do so.– That the alleged documentary falsity that the complaint raises is not such since what the Secretary General certifies – and that apparently supports the complaint – is that in the session of December 16 the members of the Assembly were informed of the modifications that had been introduced to bring the agreements adopted in June into line with the authorization of the CSD.– That in any case, the RFEF finally renounced, at the beginning of the year, the expansion of the natural members of the Assembly before holding the elections, even in the number of 5 authorized by the CSD, so that it was never carried out effect. In fact, the Statutes of the RFEF in force today are still those of 2018.– That the fact of including in the complaint presented to the president of the RFEF, shows the intention of the complainant to harm the interests of the president, not coincidentally that the Federation is in the election year.The Legal Services of the RFEF reserve the subsequent legal actions that are deemed appropriate against the complainant, once the complaint is filed
Last Thursday, West Indies beat Pakistan for their first Test win in 19 months and first on foreign soil in four years, and Estwick said the victory would be a huge boost for the side as they prepared for the Tri-Nations Series.”I’m a great believer in momentum and I believe this win is going to be important. We’ve still got the Tri-Nations Series to play against Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe, so this win will give us some kind of confidence,” Estwick said.
Trinidad and Tobago’s quest to do the double got off to the perfect start when they thoroughly thrashed the Leeward Islands by a mammoth 176 runs in the first round of the Regional Under-19 50-Over Championship here yesterday.Joshua PersaudFresh from capturing the three-day title, T&T produced a solid batting performance on their way to posting the day’s highest total of 249 for seven from their 50 overs. Leonardo Julien, who top-scored with 82, and Joshua James, who stroked an unbeaten 53, were the mainstay of T&T’s innings.Julien, who faced 114 balls and smashed four boundaries and four sixes, shared in two half-century partnerships to help guide T&T from a spot of bother early on.He joined forces with Crystian Thurton (26) to add 62 runs for the third wicket, after they had slipped to 34-2.Following the dismissals of Thurton and Mbeki Joseph (9), he and James added 60 runs in 12 overs to help push the score to 189-5. Once Julien lost his wicket trying to up the tempo, James found a worthy partner in Rivaldo Ramlogan, who smashed a quick-fire 35 from just 20 balls to help them up to their eventual score.James hit two fours and one six in his unbeaten 64-ball knock. The Leewards never came close to mounting a serious challenge, with Teron Jadoo and Justyn Gangoo running through the middle- and lower-order to skittle them out for just 73. With the score on 43-2, the Leewards incredibly lost their last eight wickets for just 30 runs. Elroy Francis who scored 32 was the only double-digit contributor.Kevin SinclairJadoo finished with the spectacular figures of three wickets for one run, while Gangoo snagged 3-14. Both Guyana and the Windward Islands recorded six-wicket victories over Canada and Jamaica respectively. Thanks to a four-wicket haul by Kevin Sinclair, Guyana bundled out Canada for 146 runs, with Kavian Naresh being Canada’s main contributor with 57.Propelled by Joshua Persaud’s 62-ball knock of 80, Guyana then made light work of the total, racing to 147 for four in just 24 overs. It was a similarly comfortable win for the Windward Islands, who dismissed Jamaica for a paltry 159. They then motored along at almost six runs an over on their way to scoring 164-4 in 27.5 overs. Openers Kimani Melius, who top-scored with 86, and Jahseon Alexander, 58, put on 146 for the first wicket to set the Windwards on the path to victory. (CMC)
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREPettersson scores another winner, Canucks beat KingsThe recent attacks, though, have been particularly harrowing, involving carjackings by heavily armed men who held their victims hostage for as long as several hours. Most took place at night along a 190-mile stretch of coastline between Tijuana and San Quintin. Lori Hoffman and her boyfriend, surf school owner Pat Weber, were robbed in October at a beach south of Ensenada within sight of 30 campsites. The couple evacuated their Encinitas home during recent wildfires and were in a recreational vehicle when they were attacked by two men wearing masks and combat boots. The attackers shot up the RV when Weber initially refused to open the door and then terrorized the couple. Hoffman said she was sexually assaulted in front of her boyfriend before the men fled with $8,000 worth of laptop computers, jewelry, tools, and Weber’s guitar. “These guys were not novices,” Hoffman said. LOS ANGELES – Masked bandits have attacked and robbed Baja California tourists at least seven times in recent months, acting with paramilitary precision and making off with cash and expensive vehicles, it was reported Saturday. It was unclear whether the attacks represent a trend in the popular vacation area, but they have worried some surf club owners enough to cancel operations. In one case, a woman said she was sexually assaulted in front of her boyfriend and in another, a family was held at gunpoint. U.S. authorities have long warned Americans to be careful when visiting Mexico because of threats ranging from kidnappings to drug-related violence. “Criminals have been known to follow and harass U.S. citizens traveling in their vehicles, particularly in border areas,” said an October warning issued by the U.S. State Department. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGift Box shows no rust in San Antonio Stakes win at Santa Anita During the past year, “Fun With Dick and Jane” was shot in Canyon Country, and “Yours, Mine and Ours” was filmed at Newhall Park, Golden Oak Ranch and at the Do-It Center home improvement store in Valencia. “CSI” and “24” have roamed all over town. Sound stages are located at the Mann Biomedical Park, and the Valencia Industrial Center is home to Santa Clarita Studios, Valencia Studios and Avenue Scott Stages. Santa Clarita is also home to a dozen or so movie ranches. A western town inhabits Placerita Canyon’s Melody Ranch and an Afghan town is nestled in Blue Cloud Ranch in Bouquet Canyon. On Jan. 25, the film office will issue a comprehensive film guide designed to help directors, location managers and production companies navigate more easily through the wealth of local resources. Judy O’Rourke, (661) 257-5255 firstname.lastname@example.org 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! SANTA CLARITA – Film production companies who aimed their lenses at local homes, shops and other locales spent more than $16 million in Santa Clarita in 2005, holding steady with the previous year’s numbers and marking a 32 percent increase from 2003. A hefty increase in the number of film permits issued and location shoots has translated into rising sales of lumber and supplies, clothes, food and hotel stays. “I think the successes we’ve seen over the past couple years are due to a combination of things, but first and foremost it’s the city’s strong pro-filming attitude and our proximity to Los Angeles without feeling like Los Angeles,” said Jason Crawford, the city’s film administrator. The city launched the film office in 2002 to promote locations and entertainment businesses and began issuing permits the following year.
The principal of Errigal College in Letterkenny has been appointed as Donegal VEC’s new Acting Education Officer.Anne McHugh takes up her post immediately.Ms McHugh has been the principal at Errigal College for the past six years. Before that she was Vice Principal at Crana College in Buncrana for two years.Ms McHugh’s new appointment means that Donegal VEC will now be looking to appoint a new principal at Errigal College. LETTERKENNY SCHOOL PRINCIPAL APPOINTED TO TOP EDUCATION POST was last modified: August 1st, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Acting Education officerAnne McHugherrigal college
Birdwatch Ireland has appealed to the public to make reportings of dead seabirds being washed up off Co Donegal.Several seabird stranding events have occurred along the Atlantic coast of Europe over the past month.Numbers of dead or dying seabirds found on beaches have been greatest in Brittany, Channel Islands & along the South West coast of Britain. The situation in Ireland seems less severe so far but a number of dead seabirds have been reported from coastal areas in Counties Donegal, Galway, Cork & Wexford.The prolonged period of bad weather experienced this winter is believed to be the main driving factor behind these stranding events.A continuous run of strong low pressure systems has made feeding conditions at sea very difficult with some of the smaller species such as Guillemot, Razorbill & Puffin being hit hardest.Lack of food & exhaustion leads to them washing up on our shores either dead or in a weakened condition, displaying signs of malnutrition. Other seabirds such as Gannet, Fulmar, Kittiwake, Shag & Great Northern Diver have also been reported among the list of casualties. In order to ascertain the full scale of this event, BirdWatch Ireland are asking members of the public to report any dead or dying seabirds they have found washed up along the coast so far this winter and over the coming weeks.As many of the following details as possible would be greatly appreciated:(1) Date(2) Location (with a Grid Reference if possible: www.gridreference.ie)(3) Species involved (4) Numbers involved(5) Presence of any ringed birds (metal or coloured rings on the birds legs with details of codes if noted)Please send details of any stranded seabirds you have encountered to the BirdWatch Ireland seabird team at email@example.comIf any live seabirds are found which may require rehabilitation then please consult the Irish Wildlife Matters website (www.irishwildlifematters.ie) for guidance and details of any listed vets or rehabilitators in your area which may be able to help. BIRDWATCH IRELAND SEEK HELP ON DEAD BIRDS WASHED UP OFF DONEGAL was last modified: February 27th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Birdwatch Irelanddonegalseabird strandings
THE organisers of the Cycle Against Suicide event has expressed deep shock after the death of a motorcycle marshall in a crash in Co Donegal today.The 69-year-old victim was Brendan O’Connell, from outside Tralee in Co Kerry, died at the scene on the Barnesmore Gap as the group was making its way from Donegal Town to Strabane.The accident, involving the motorcycle marshal and another vehicle, happened approximately 45 minutes after the group of cyclists departed from Donegal town. Brendan’s brother Ciaran said: “He was a loving husband and father. The family is devastated. He was just a helpful guy.”No cyclists were involved in the accident and all cyclists returned to Donegal Town following the accident.Jim Breen, founder of Cycle Against Suicide said: “No decision has been made as yet with regards to the remaining four days of the cycle.“Our thoughts and prayers are with our dear friend and his family at this incredibly difficult time. Our hearts are simply broken.” Earlier Gardai appealed for witnesses to come forward:Read the appeal here: https://www.donegaldaily.com/2014/05/07/fatal-crash-gardai-appeal-for-witnesses-after-death-of-69-year-old/FATAL CRASH: CYCLE AGAINST SUICIDE ORGANISERS SAY THEIR HEARTS ARE BROKEN AFTER DEATH was last modified: May 8th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Barnesmore GapCycle Against SuicideDonealdonegalfatal crashKerryTralee
The Clonmany Festival will get proceeding’s underway this weekend as the annual celebration kick’s off in Ballyliffin.The event, now in its 51st year, will run for eight days in the Inishowen village from Sunday to Sunday, 5-12 August.On August 7, the Pollan Green will open it’s gates for the annual Clonmany Agricultural Show, with agriculture, livestock and sheepdog trials all taking place. The show has grown in popularity every year and it now attracts thousands of visitors from across Ireland from farmers to teenagers.The family-friendly affair will also play host to some of Ireland’s most illustrious Irish country musicians.Philomena Begley and Gary Fitzpatrick, who will both headline the event, will take the stage with several other performers during the week-long event. (Video: BrackenEntertainment) “On August 7th, the Pollan Green opens for the 51st Clonmany Agricultural Show,” said Blaine McCarron, Public Relations Officer for the event.“With something for everyone, the show boasts cattle, sheep, and horse competitions, as well as poultry, home industries and fashion shows. For the whole family, you will find stalls, pet shows, jiving competitions, and loads of entertainment.“Country stars such as Philomena Begley and Gary Fitzpatrick will headline the main stage, while celebrity chefs Nevin Maguire and Brian McDermott provide cooking demonstrations.“To top it all off, the grand prize draw, with 10 fabulous prizes, with one lucky winner leaving the field with a brand new tractor or jeep. Whatever you’re into, Clonmany Show has something for everyone.”Admission to the open air concerts will be €5 (adult). Clonmany Festival set to kick-off this weekend was last modified: August 3rd, 2018 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:BallyliffinClonmany Agricultural ShowCountry musicfarming
A young woman has pleaded with other women not to walk home alone after she was followed in Letterkenny after a night out.The woman revealed she was walking home alone on Saturday night last after having a few drinks – something she would not normally do.A man passed her by but she thought nothing of it. A car pulled up alongside the woman and told her to get it pointing out that she was being followed by the man.The woman said that she noticed it was the same man who had passed up by a short time earlier who was now following her.She got into the car and as she did so the stranger ran off.The woman notified Gardai about the incident but the man had already fled. The woman appealed to others not to walk home alone and always remain vigilant.Gardai have confirmed they received a report and are investigating the incident. Letterkenny woman’s warning after being followed on night out was last modified: October 14th, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegaldrinksfearGardaihomeletterkennywalkingwoman