Rutgers Announces Decision On Head Coach Chris Ash

first_imgA closeup of Rutgers head coach Chris Ash.CHAMPAIGN, IL – OCTOBER 14: Head coach Chris Ash of the Rutgers Scarlet Knights is seen before the game against the Illinois Fighting Illini at Memorial Stadium on October 14, 2017 in Champaign, Illinois. (Photo by Michael Hickey/Getty Images)Rutgers football had one of the worst seasons in all of FBS football this season. Chris Ash’s club finished the season today with a 1-11 record on the year.The Scarlet Knights entered the year with modest expectations, especially on the defensive side of the ball. That came to fruition on occasion, but the offense horrendous.Rutgers failed to top 17 points against a Power Five opponent this year.The team lost out after a season-opening 35-7 win over Texas State.As you can imagine, a number of Rutgers football fans wanted Chris Ash gone, but they’ll have to wait until 2019.After today’s 14-10 loss to Michigan State, athletic director Patrick Hobbs announced that Ash would return for next year.From NJ Advanced Media’s James Kratch:The full statement: pic.twitter.com/4LtzJVcZcS— James Kratch (@JamesKratch) November 25, 2018The full statement:“I so appreciate the effort of our young men these last few weeks. They never quit and that’s a testament to their character and the efforts of our coaches. This has been a difficult and disappointing year for our football program. We must and will do better. We have a great core of young talent and will recruit hard in the off-season. We’ve made significant investments and will continue to do the things necessary to bring the desired success to the Scarlet Knight faithful. I expect that under Chris’ continued leadership we will see significant improvement next season and ask for everyone’s continued support.”Ash, the former defensive coordinator at Ohio State, is now 7-29 as Rutgers’ head coach, with a 3-24 mark in Big Ten play. All three of those wins came in 2017.last_img read more

Trump stands firm over refugee ban

Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)RelatedTrump signs new immigration orderMarch 6, 2017In “World”Trump bid to restore travel ban rejectedFebruary 5, 2017In “World”Trump travel ban: States urge retention of temporary blockFebruary 6, 2017In “World” Trump border ban: White House stands firm over crackdown on refugees(BBC) The Trump administration is standing firm over its ban on refugees from seven countries despite court rulings and mass protests against the move.Mr Trump tweeted: “Our country needs strong borders and extreme vetting, NOW,” while his chief of staff said only 109 people had been detained.A number of judges ruled on the issue – one federal judge temporarily halted the deportation of visa holders.There has been condemnation from countries around the world.Mr Trump’s executive order, signed on Friday, halted the entire US refugee programme and also instituted a 90-day travel ban for nationals from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.Protesters shouted “let them in” at demonstrations at New York’s JFK AirportThose who were already mid-flight were detained on arrival – even if they held valid US visas or other immigration permits.Further demonstrations are ongoing today (Sunday) – including one outside the White House. White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus said that, of the 325,000 people entering the US on Saturday, 109 were detained.“Most of those people were moved out,” he told NBC’s Meet the Press programme.“We’ve got a couple of dozen more that remain and I would suspect that as long as they’re not awful people that they will move through before another half a day today.”He said the seven countries had been chosen because they had already been identified by Obama administration as the most likely to harbour terrorists, and did not rule out the fact that more countries could be added to the list.Some leading Republicans expressed concern.John McCain called it a “very confusing process” which would “probably, in some areas, give ISIS (Islamic State group) some more propaganda”, while Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said it was important to remember that “some of our best sources in the war against radical Islamic terrorism are Muslims”. read more